Subject: [Leica] simple pouch recommendation for M body, one lens
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Oct 31 16:25:30 2004

Eric asked:
>>I have been on a quest for the right 'pouch'. Should be small but able to
hold one M7 with one lens attached (up to width of 35 ASPH).<

Eric, just hang the damn camera on yer shoulder, stick a couple rolls of
film in yer pocket and get on with taking pictures. I mean it's only a an M7
with a 35 lens not some gigantic SLR for heaven sake. And a bag is just one
more thing to carry around and leave some place if it's a small thing for
one camera, hardly worth the time and effort looking for it surely?

Or as I do quite often when working a quiet situation, I lengthen the strap
so the camera will hang comfortably under my jacket, lens sans shade (cuts
down on bulk and protrusion) and when you see something to shoot, the camera
is up to eye shot made and you just drop the camera and it disappears
immediately under your suit or sports jacket or whatever kind of jacket
you're wearing.

You want the strap long enough so it hangs about side pocket length and not
looking like you have a shoulder holster. Good point these times in history.
;-)

But it's quite effective, camera is out of sight, covered in case of
inclement weather and yet readily available for quick use.  And much cheaper
than buying another bag. So there you go lad, now get on with it. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from leica_korenman at hotmail.com (eric) ([Leica] simple pouch recommendation for M body, one lens)