Subject: [Leica] Re: Don's PAW election
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Oct 30 06:43:33 2004

As the photo has to 'speak' for itself, I'd say the tighter crop is
definitely the stronger image. I haven't seen any of the discussion of
these images, so I have no idea who these people are, what they're
doing, how long they've been doing it, or why they're doing it. All I
know is that in the more tightly cropped photo I see a compelling light
painting of what appears to be people out of two different period of
time - standing together. It looks at though the man and woman to the
right stepped out of the present time into the 1920s, because of the
clothes  the men to the right are wearing. And that leaves me looking at
this image saying, "Wah?!" And I can't ask much more of a street photo
than it be visually compelling and leave me scratching my head.

Nice one, Peter. :-)

B. D.
Hunkered down as the Hoard of the Century takes over Boston today!