Subject: [Leica] solo by the Seine... 44
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Oct 29 08:16:47 2004

I have to say this one simply doesn't work at all for me - Looking at it
very carefully, I can see what Steve had in mind when he shot it, but
what he had in mind - the solitary figure in the landscape - simply
doesn't translate to the printed image, because the figure is too small
to have any significance in the finished image - you have to really look
to find the figure. In fact, the figure is so small and insignificant
that one could look at this image and think it was just a landscape, and
then notice the figure and think, 'oh, look at that - I wonder if the
photographer noticed that person.

This image, on the other hand, is a wonderful shot of an isolated figure
in a land/city scape; an individual, alone with her dog, isolated from
her fellow Parisians. The owner and dog are small, but they are still
central to the image, and the curving path takes the eye right to them.
This is a lovely image - in fact it's one of my favorite "Steve's."
http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-74754.html

B. D.