Subject: [Leica] Interview on Zeiss Ikon
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Mon Oct 25 09:39:11 2004

B.D. was referring to AF lenses.  I can understand why Leica would reject
the idea of offering the lenses in the Nikon F manual-focus mount since
Nikon's future, and the vast majority of their sales at present, is AF.
There just isn't a big enough market for new high-end Nikon MF lenses.  I
suspect the Nikon MF world is populated to a large degree by people who are
looking for a bargain (and finding GREAT bargains).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com