Subject: [Leica] Interview on Zeiss Ikon
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Mon Oct 25 09:20:40 2004

"B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I wonder if it even crossed their minds to work with Nikon and/or
> Canon to offer autofocus Leica lenses for the EOS and F Nikon lines.

According to the late Sal DiMarco, not only did Leica think of this, they
approached both Nikon and Canon and were rejected by both.  It makes
sense... why would Canon or Nikon want competition for their high-end (and
high-profit) lenses?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com