Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Thu Oct 7 17:43:56 2004

> I,d check in the lot and use a heavy duty case like pelicans .Nobody will
> open them since the lower decks contents are fryed with high energy Xrays
> anyway.

They certainly will - I've had two sets of padlocks cut off just such cases
by security with the cases just left unlocked. I now use plastic electrical
ties with some spares left inside in the top with a note. On one occasion
they used the spares the other most recent time they didn't. They also, on
one occasions, put lenses back without lens caps squashed into open
compartment thus scratching both lenses elements. But at least two out of
three times I fly with such gear as checked baggage it is opened

So where do you get this idea they won't open them up....? (BTW - nothing in
those cases is battery powered).

tim

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane)