Subject: [Leica] Hoot!
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Oct 4 21:19:13 2004

Didier,

That was my point in the initial posting I made Saturday night--nothing
new on the M line. In previous Photokinas Leica has always had several
new and exciting products, such as new lenses, the M7 etc. This time
around there was simply nothing on the M side--I do not consider the a
la carte thing a new product, and evidently neither did the majority of
the public since there was not much traffic at that stand while I was there.

The news was on the R side this time, with lots of people lining up to
fondle the digital back, and this seemed to spill over into the regular
R stand. It may well be that over the next year the R line will make a
much more significant contribution to Leica sales than has been the case
in a long time.

Yes, I do believe that they will make the digital M for the next
Photokina. In fact, I believe they will make it before 2006. Market
pressure will force them to find a way.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman