Subject: [Leica] Hoot!
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Oct 4 11:25:14 2004

Three thoughts:
1. They can come up with something as "now" as der konfigurator but they
can't manage real innovation with their kameras?
2. They tell you it's $3500 for a customized camera by you then discover
that to really go for anything other than the standard configuration you
have to pay hundreds MORE?
3. Leica doesn't need me to poke fun at them anymore - the Konfigurator
is the greatest bit of self-parody I've seen in many a moon. This is, as
Buzz said, a Hoot!

And some of you wonder why some others of us think Leica is going out of
business. If this is indicative of their marketing it tells us that
their marketing has NOTHING to do with photography. Leica is now in the
jewelry business.

LOL!!