Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Ikon
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Oct 2 14:52:34 2004

One thing to keep in mind about the Zeiss, guys - assuming that it's a
really well built, solid body: If you can buy a new Zeiss with a good
warranty for what you can buy a used M6 for, why would you be buying an
M6 with a slower flash sync, slower top shutter speed, bottom loading,
and lower viewfinder magnification - other than to buy a red dot.
And all of that is assuming that the Zeiss is a high quality body. I'd
suggest that we may not only be at the end of the age of film, but if
this camera is as good as promised, we may also be at the end of the age
in which one automatically goes for the Leica M assuming it to be
superior to everything else.

But who knows, it may turn out that it is still superior. :-)