Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Ikon
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Sat Oct 2 15:08:54 2004

Of course, it will have that cute little "Zeiss Ikon" label on it in place
of the red dot.

-dan c.

At 05:50 PM 02-10-04 -0400, B. D. Colen wrote:
>One thing to keep in mind about the Zeiss, guys - assuming that it's a
>really well built, solid body: If you can buy a new Zeiss with a good
>warranty for what you can buy a used M6 for, why would you be buying an
>M6 with a slower flash sync, slower top shutter speed, bottom loading,
>and lower viewfinder magnification - other than to buy a red dot.
>And all of that is assuming that the Zeiss is a high quality body. I'd
>suggest that we may not only be at the end of the age of film, but if
>this camera is as good as promised, we may also be at the end of the age
>in which one automatically goes for the Leica M assuming it to be
>superior to everything else.
>
>But who knows, it may turn out that it is still superior. :-)

[snip]

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Zeiss Ikon)
Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Zeiss Ikon)
Message from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Zeiss Ikon)