Subject: [Leica] ceasarean
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Oct 1 01:16:36 2004

Jonathan Borden showed:  a fine set of photographs! :-)

> A true knot was discovered in the umbilical cord
> <http://jborden.org/etc/index.cgi/photos/cord.html> ... it was very
> good that this baby was delivered by c-section, it averted a real
> disaster.
>
> People don't realize how much tugging may be needed to get the baby out:
> <http://jborden.org/etc/index.cgi/photos/birth.html>
>
> <http://jborden.org/etc/index.cgi/photos/infant-hand.html><

Hi Jonathan,
Well done mon ami, a fine set of story telling photographs. Having shot this
kind of birthing situation a few times it's not the easiest to do depending
on the medical folks allowing one the space to make the exposures and get
the right angles.

Obviously you got along with them well and produced an amazing story telling
set of pictures. I'm sure when this child reaches an understanding age of
birthing he or she will be quite surprised at the beginning battle into the
cold cruel world! ;-)

I photographed two of my grandchildren for the first medical book, "This is
Our Work. The Legacy of Sir William Osler, also used in "Doctors' Work". So
today they're teen agers and they get a great kick out of showing new
friends... "hey this is me when I was born!" :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden) ([Leica] ceasarean)