Subject: [Leica] Re: Noctilux
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Oct 1 05:01:02 2004

Mark Rabiner said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux

 > I'm going to try to get a nice classy black rubber band to keep my lens
> shade stuck out protecting my glass better.
>
> For bopping around.<,,

Hi Mark,
I haven't had a lens shade on my Noctilux for at least 20 years or so when
it first was available in the early '70's when it first came out. I mean
what does one do go around hammering nails with it? ;-) Or banging into
protruding things.?

In my case the two pins the shade locked on came loose and felt out so I
threw the lens shade away as leica wanted a hug amount of money to put the
pins in, so my response was, screw it! ;-)

So M7 and Noctilux  ride along in place on shoulder or neck for
posterity.:-)

After all, it does sit back in the lens mount fairly well and you'd have to
be pretty close to knock the surface against something to do damage.
ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: Noctilux)