Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica donation to students
From: leicagalpal at earthlink.net (Kit McChesney)
Date: Sun Sep 26 11:11:19 2004

Well, I would not generalize about students going to college and being able
to afford an M. Maybe some of the kids who go to the Ivy Leagues, but the
rest of them? In public universities? I think not. Most are working their
way through, are on student loans, work study, part-time jobs, etc. Tuition
for in-state and out-of-state has skyrocketed, and private colleges in the
U.S. are pulling in $30,000+ a year in tuition these days. And certainly not
me, when I attended public universities for undergrad and graduate school
(1978-1993), and certainly not the students I taught in art, art history,
and writing classes at the University of Colorado a few years--about
five--ago.

With all due respect, Emanuel, what planet are you on? You and I must be
about the same age if you were a college freshman in 1979 (me, 1978).
Boston? M5? R4? Are we talking Harvard? Or MIT?

Kit