Subject: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri Sep 17 21:11:26 2004

on 9/17/04 4:45 PM, Jeffery Smith at jls@runbox.com wrote:

> Remember when a Volvo would last 11 years and American cars were
> designed to fall apart after 5? Well, Japanese cars now last 15 years,
> and American cars are still designed to fall apart after 5.

My '88 Voyager - a vehicle that was not particularly known for reliability -
lasted 15 years and 180,000 or so miles before I sold it to the next owner.
The least reliable part of it was the Japanese 3.0L engine.  My current
ride, a Dodge Ram 2500 turbo diesel, typically goes 400,000 miles between
overhauls.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com