Subject: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Fri Sep 17 19:47:37 2004

The last statistic I read on cars in my rather small country was that only
two car brands Volvo and Mercedes had over 50% registered cars still running
on the street - and because of the high spare part price the Volvo owners
had during those 20 years all most payed for an all new car in additional
repair costs though they we still believing that Volvo was the most reliable
car on the market. Except for devoloping countries Denmark has one of the
oldest average age on cars because of a 180 % tax with an additional 25% tax
on top put on new cars at the first registration  and as we pay about 50-60%
in income tax i guess we keep our cars for a little longer :-) Anyway I can
not imagine that Jags should be worse of with Ford ownership. Some periods -
very black periods - were Jaguar was owned by the British state - the build
quality was so awfull that it was said that you need at least 2 Jags to be
able to drive them regually as one would always be at the repair shop.