Subject: [Leica] Olympic photo positions.
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Sep 6 15:22:39 2004

Robert,
The VR lenses for Nikon are somewhat of an enigma.  For example, the
80-400 does its best job at the 80mm end which is not what is needed.
For pros shooting sports or wildlife and don't have Mr. Herr's
unshakable grip, then the IS lenses in the 300 to 600 range are required
tools.  Nikon doesn't make a whole line and just recently started making
teleconverters compatible with the VR function.

As to over all ability, while I think that the Canon telephoto group is
the best in the world, nobody would say that the Nikkors are second
best.  Like all things, you have to evaluate what works for you and
understand that others will have different requirements that may be
radically different than yours.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com