Subject: [Leica] Olympic photo positions.
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (J. Codispoti)
Date: Mon Sep 6 12:57:42 2004

-----Original Message-----

How do the new Nikon AF-S VR lenses compare to
Canon?  I'm not familiar
with Canon but I do own a Nikon D70 that works
very well for me as a
high end "pro-sumer camera."  I'm pleased with the
images and quite
frankly, I could care less if the new Nikon lenses
fit the old bodies.
I also had a Canon FD setup for awhile...
Rober Clark
Lancaster, PA

I am sure that the optical quality of Nikon and
Canon are very similar. With each generation
improvements are introduced that are hard to
distinguish from one brand to the other.
The primary difference is in the features of the
lenses and the range of models available.

I am sure that your D70 does a respectable job.
Frank Bez does illustration photography for a
company that produces outdoor products for the
sportsman where color fidelity is very important.
It seems that in the photo he could not match the
color of the gun stock to the original with the
Nikon.
I bought Frank's original Olympus E10 and it has
served me well for a number of years (in spite of
the fact that it needed service for display
problems).
 Now I am ready for a pro or semi pro model and
the 20d seems a sensible range of features and
price.
Maybe next will be the Epson 4000 printer. But I
have yet to win the lottery.

Joe