Subject: [Leica] Re: MORE THAN... R.I.P. ILFORD
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Sep 6 09:22:02 2004

Bob Meier offered:

> Dan,
>
> The point is a viewfinder that shows a B&W image.   That is invaluable.
> Ansel Adams used to used a dark amber filter (I think that was the color)
> view a scene through to see what it would look like in monochrome.   I
have
> used my Canon S50 in B&W mode and gotten very, very good

Bob,
If my mind is still functioning, I believe it's a "blue filter" of some
strength as used in the movie industry when they shot B&W movies. It allowed
the director to see the "light effect" as though he was looking at a B&W
world.

ted

Message from robertmeier at usjet.net (robertmeier@usjet.net) ([Leica] Re: MORE THAN... R.I.P. ILFORD)