Subject: [Leica] Another reason to hate Canon.
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Aug 21 22:37:44 2004

Matthew,

It seems that Canon has settled on the 1.6 sensor for the time being for
their "amateur" DSLRs and 1.3 or 1.0 for the "pro" models. So affordable
big sensors seem a way off. In the meantime, I am having fun with my 10D
and buying only regular EOS lenses so that if that affordable full-frame
sensor arrives, I don't have to buy new lenses. They are coming out with
some digital-only lenses for the 1.6 sensor but they appear to be only
zooms.

Nathan