Subject: [Leica] M magazine
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Aug 19 14:48:17 2004

Ok, I'll rephrase in a more Hemmingway-esqe style of
6th-grade level journalistic prose.

I do hope to see "M" myself soon. I wonder why the
images are as you describe?  It seems you are saying that the
images selected for the "M" publication are not so squarely
in a photo-journalistic style that we associate with Magnum.
Why might this be? I wonder if the Magnum photographers
themselves view these more artsy style photos you describe
as their best work?  If so, I wonder what it is about the
Magnum photographers that informs these value judgements?

---
So what does mine or the original post have to do with
Leicas anyay? Just because some Magnum guys still use
them? Are we sure that Leica's were used to produce
these particlar M photos?

My point was no "rant." My original post was squarely
about Magnum, their new publication, photogs including
HCB (Leica user), and another's post about Robert Capa
(Leica user).

In anycase, however I choose to express my point, the
content is the same. I didn't use profanity or discuss
politics; and otherwise, I refuse to be editted by you.

For me, I'm going out into the coming sunset and try to
take a bunch of classically photo-journalistic style of
pics with my new M6.

Scott