Subject: [Leica] decline in LUG membership
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Aug 13 05:51:12 2004

I remember when the Canon 1v came out and Canon stated that it would
probably be their last professional film camera.  At the time I thought
that was a crazy thing to say: now, four or five years later, I
understand that there is no market for a professional film camera from a
major manufacturer.

Nikon would just be putting more nails in its coffin if they spent any
money on a new film camera.  Leica may survive on 8000 R9's a year but
that wouldn't be a respected week for moving boxes out of Japan.

I truly hope that the F6 will be a MKII killer so that the rivalry
continues to bring us better tools.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com