Subject: Nathan's Canon (WAS: [Leica] PAWS 27 and 28)
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Jul 19 13:52:40 2004

Gene,

I had the chance to try out the Rebel a couple of weeks before I tried
the 10D, and there was a marked difference between the viewfinders. When
I was trying the 10D, I did a side by side test of the R8 with the
2.8/100mm and the 10D with a 2.8 zoom lens at the 100mm setting. The R8
viewfinder was clearly better, but then I expected it. However, the 10D
viewfinder was no worse than that of the Pentax film SLRs I used before
I fell into the Leica habit in the late 90s.

I was also thinking of waiting for the R8/R9 back. But first, the price
is likely to be astronomical; and secondly, I do not like to buy version
1.0 of anything electronic, and especially not from a company that has a
history of making brilliant lenses but dodgy electronics.

Nathan