Subject: [Leica] Re: At Sundial Bridge in Redding
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Jul 18 22:03:39 2004

It is quite striking, and I immediately recognized the design. There is
indeed a bridge in Seville, one of many new structures built in
connection with the 1992 World Expo. You can see it on his web site
http://www.calatrava.com. Click on PROJECTS, the BRIDGES, the choose by
location. It is called Alamillo bridge and spans the Quadalquivir river
in an area of the city called Isla de la Cartuja, where the Expo was
held. I have not been up close to the bridge, because it is far from the
old center where I usually move around, and there are just office
buildings and the like in that neighborhood. But it is certainly a very
impressive structure.

Nathan