Subject: [Leica] Photo student harassed in Seattle by Homeland Security
From: sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (sdp35)
Date: Fri Jul 16 05:14:19 2004

Fundamental questions here:

- Did the 9/11 hijackers need photos to do their deed?
- Did the Madrid bombers need photos of the train to do their deed?
- Would terrorists need photos of the NYC subway to attack it?

Of course not.  For the plane attacks, they needed flying lessons, not
photos.  For railway attacks, all they'd need is about $20 for several
fares, and spend the day riding the trains and making mental notes.
For the coordinated attacks themselves, add explosives and a couple of
cheap wristwatches to synchronize the actual blasts.  Nothing more.

Arresting/harassing photographers making images of public edifices like
bridges, power plants, etc does not, in any way, make anybody safer.
It's 'feel good' security - it makes it LOOK like the Gov't is
protecting the citizenry...but it's false security.

Craig Zeni
Mayberry, NC