Subject: [Leica] Why a digital M
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed Jul 14 07:21:21 2004

The trouble for me is grain is OK when you want the effect, it is a
pain when you don't. I am less keen on digital noise than grain but
thankfully digital chips from APS size up are pretty well noise free
from 400asa down. I really do think one of films major weaknesses
compared to digital (NOT P&S digital) is the grain. At least if one
wants grain it is still available - using the Leica!
Frank