Subject: [Leica] Why a digital M
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Jul 14 06:41:41 2004

Inferior because of the grain? I don't think so. Each film's grain
structure is part of the 'look' of the particular film, and is in fact
one of the reasons that people prefer particular films. One of the draw
backs of digital can, for me, be the lack of grain - although there are
some pretty good ways to put it in.

And digital has its own "grain;" except it's called "noise." :-)

B. D.