Subject: [Leica] Why a digital M
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue Jul 13 12:26:53 2004

If I remember correctly Leica found that 10mp was required to equal
35mm film. Certainly I see plenty of web sites deponstrating that the
11 mpx Canon EOS1Ds is better than scanned 35mm film but inferior to
scanned 120 film. The difference seems to me to be largely due to the
absence of grain as far as I can see in the examples I have seen. My
EOS 10D is much better at 1600 iso than any film I have used.
Frank