Subject: [Leica] Elmarit vs. Anything Cheaper, or is this a good buy?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jul 6 17:36:34 2004

On 7/6/04 11:03 AM, "John Collier" <jbcollier@shaw.ca> typed:

> Great lens but that is too much money! I have seen 90/2AA lenses going
> for that much (not often mind you). $650 to $750 is more in the ball
> park.
>
> John Collier

\
I'm seeing myself doing a whole lot to a majority of my work and play with
Digital M bodies. That being the case it has been my thought that the newer
high priced spread from Leica was less of an issue because it seemed to me
reading Erwin and others that their main advantage was more consistency in
quality to the edges.
Well as I only plan to shoot with the juicy white underbelly of my cherished
Leica M glass why do I need the the edges? For Flim? (Ha ha ha ha ha!)
I was thimpking of going with the 28 Elmarit instead of the stupendous ASPH
Summicron. Why because I'm fine with 2.8 my viewfinder for some reason stays
bright and clear and easy to focus and the word out is the Elmarit is a
has-been boring out of its day piece of junk therefore available for a song.
But do they mean the sheet music or a recording?
I think they mean you're sitting on the sidewalk and someone gives you a
quarter so you take requests. Then they pay you to shut up.
So much for the idea of a live performance.

Question:

Does Plus X 220 come in digital?

Mark Rabiner
Photography