Subject: [Leica] Cibachromes with your Epson inkjet printer.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Jul 7 06:09:53 2004

I found this I think it is exciting news.
Maybe this will get Jim Brick inkjeting away!

Xtreme Gamut -
a NEW Photo-realistic paper and Ink..
And this is made by the Charles Berger company.
Their darkroom black and white paper is used by many of the very best
people.

"Xtreme Gamut Gloss Xtra White" inkjet media"

This product truly looks like the original "Cibachrome" gloss.

The new "paper" has a special gelatin inkjet receiving layer on a 7 mil
super white polyester base (also available soon in a 9 mil).

"
This is a revolution in digital inkjet printing. An exciting new product
from Charles Berger (of UltraStable fame) is his new "Xtreme Gamut Gloss
Xtra White" inkjet media. This product truly looks like the original
"Cibachrome" gloss.  Matched with this new media are his new "Xtreme Gamut"
inks. These new dye-based inks are estimated to last 50 - 55 years with the
new matched media (both ink and media have been submitted to Wilhelm for
testing). The inks will originally be available in cartridges for the 3000
(only $49.99 each) and 9000 (only $69.99 each) Epson printers. Cartridges
for the smaller Epson Stylus Color printers will be available in about 8 -
10 weeks. It is not recommended that the Xtreme Gamut papers be used with
any ink but the Xtreme Gamut inkset."

 Even though I'm sold on matt for inkjetting I'm going to give this a shot.
If they can come out with it for one of my printers. Or a cheap one I can
get just for this.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon