Subject: [Leica] declining quality of writing
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 06:22:51 2004

This is the problem, we are constantly taking away the tools our teachers
require to do their job.  And therefore the students do not learn the
basics.  On the other hand this is not just a problem here in the U.S.  Our
German daughters brother has failed his school tests 2 years in a row now.
Kat herself, while a straight A student here, found she had to work late
each night (sometimes until 1AM or later) to keep up and get assignments
done.  Her English skills, by the way were excellent.  She made the honor
roll each term this past year, but she had to work at it.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Oliver" <oliverbryk@iqmail.net>             |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           06/23/2004 06:41 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       "Users Group Leica" <lug@leica-users.org>
               |
  |       cc:
               |
  |       Subject:  [Leica] declining quality of writing

Dan wrote: <snip> "...it seems obvious that the quality of education, as a
whole, and the children who are the product of that education are
slipping into a morass of mediocrity."
I remember a Congressman going on and on (in the 1970s) in the House about
some newspaper's citicism of mediocrity in American education, finally
concluding his remarks with the ringing phrase, "What's wrong with
mediocrity?"
Oliver Bryk