Subject: [Leica] Problems with our extended family.
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 12:55:47 2004

Frank

I don' think we are getting soft.  This is a family, even though we may
have not had the chance to meet face to face with each of the members and
are spread all over the globe.  Through the emails and dialog that has gone
on, we do learn about each other and develope a closeness to each other.  I
have met Bob Palmieri, just a few weeks ago, and have talked on the phone
with Steve Barbour, so the personal contacts do happen.  I hope on our trip
to Germany and Poland in December to have the chance to meet up with some
of our members in Europe, who may be close enough to where we will be
staying in both countries.  I certainly hope to meet more of the family
here in the US and in Canada as the opertunities permit.  When these
opertunities come to pass we grow even closer.

Unfortunately it is times like these when we experience loss of a member
and of members loved ones that we become even closer.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>    |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           06/15/2004 01:27 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       "Leica-Users-Group" <lug@leica-users.org>
               |
  |       cc:
               |
  |       Subject:  [Leica] Problems with our extended family.
               |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I am feeling really mixed about the problems we are having lately in our
extended "family".  Deaths of members and their loved ones, sickness, and
the personal trials that are being encountered without notice to the
community.  It is all bad stuff.  Stuff that may be inevitible, but please
God, let it happen to the "other guy".  Not to me, or those I know.

I feel this is a family of a special kind.  We feel loss for those we do
not
know, never met, or otherwise had no real relationship with.  Are we
softies?  Are we losing it?  No.  We feel the pain of our members as if it
were our own brother/sister/friend.

A period of reflection?  Maybe.  Maybe it is all ganging up on me.

Peace.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net