Subject: [Leica] My meeting with Sal
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 08:27:10 2004

Your post reminds me, I had responded to his for sale post last Friday and
had been waiting his response.  I now know why he did not return my post to
him.  I wish I had gotten to meet him in person.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           rtansa <rtansa@singnet.com.sg>               |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           06/14/2004 03:22 AM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       lug@leica-users.org
               |
  |       cc:
               |
  |       Subject:  [Leica] My meeting with Sal
               |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Dear Kyle

Some time mid last year, I responded to a 'for sale' notice on the LUG put
up by Sal, for two of his SL2 MOT's. I was travelling to NY from Singapore
for work and arranged to meet him in NYC to do the deal.

Sal showed up and we spent a morning and lunch together. It was an
excellent time. We walked around NYC, took pictures, and had lunch. He
shared many of his stories with me, and also told me about how he
photographed Tom Clancy, and about him being mentioned in the book 'Lost
Over Laos', and many many other stories. Time flew by and it was time for
him to catch a train to go home. We kept in touch now and then, to talk
about his SL2s etc.

At that occasion, he showed me his brassy black paint Leica with his own
serial number, and his 50 mm Summilux. I remember as though it was just
yesterday.He took time to spend time with me and just talk about Leica,
photography, and his friends in the business.

I am happy to have bought his SL2 MOT's ( both of them ) and will always
think of him when I use them. I am glad to have something close to him to
remember him by.

Indeed as he always signs off , Happy Snaps Sal!!

Rgds
Roland Tan
Singapore