Subject: [Leica] Problems with our extended family.
From: abridge at dcn.org (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Jun 15 13:46:11 2004

On 6/15/04 <red735i@earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)> thoughtfully wrote:

>I feel this is a family of a special kind.  We feel loss for those we do not
>know, never met, or otherwise had no real relationship with.  Are we
>softies?  Are we losing it?  No.  We feel the pain of our members as if it
>were our own brother/sister/friend.
>
>A period of reflection?  Maybe.  Maybe it is all ganging up on me.

No....not softies....human.

On-line communities like these are "hot mediums". They are also rare and
difficult to form.

People share quite openly here. Yeah we fight and bitch and complain and get
our
drawers in a bunch. But it's SAFE to do that here. It all blows over, and we
(mostly) respect each other in the morning.

So it's very natural to experience very real feelings when bad things happen
members of our community. Those feelings, that passion, is our strength. And
it's what makes it possible to write to the group about the passing of one's
cat
or dog or spouse: because even though many of us have never met...we still
CARE.

That's the important thing.

The human thing.

The essential thing.