Subject: [Leica] M4 viewfinder question
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Sat Jun 5 22:49:01 2004

A 28 mm is about it  with an 0.72x finder and there is no problem using
an M that way as many photogs have done for years until the M4-P came
along. Heck many are still doing it. I use my 0.58x with a 24 that way
too. Works great BUT you do not have any parallax correction which can
catch you out if you are focused close. I simply shift the lens to the
viewfinder's position before releasing the shutter.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton) ([Leica] The President, D-Day and History)