Subject: [Leica] The President, D-Day and History
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Sat Jun 5 23:26:30 2004

Having watched a couple of D-Day documentaries over the last couple of days,
and also a couple of pieces on Capa's D-Day pictures (leica-ish content),
and also one about the cameramen on the beaches, I then read this evening
that President Bush apparently believes WWII started with the attach on
Pearl Harbour (at least he said so to the students at the US Air Force
Academy last week).

I certainly hope someone is going to put him right before he speaks to the
D-Day veterans. All I can say is that it certainly would have been news to
my Grandfather, under fire on the beach at Dunkerque in 1940, that the war
didn't start until a year and a half later...

The idiocy is astounding

tim atherton

Replies: Reply from hlritter at mindspring.com (Howard L Ritter, Jr) ([Leica] The President, D-Day and History)
Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] The President, D-Day and History)