Subject: [Leica] M4 viewfinder question
From: jeffalber at hotmail.com (Jeff Albertson)
Date: Sat Jun 5 19:54:02 2004

Hi all
Another rudimentary question from a long time Nikon SLR  user with his first
Leica. Obviously the widest frameline on the M4 is for a 35mm lens. I prefer
a shorter wideangle, so I'm wondering what optic approximates the whole
frame you see through an M4 viewfinder? I don't want to use a separate
finder unless I have to and I don't want to convert to the more visually
complicated M6 type finder with 28mm framelines.
Guessing that the whole finder shows approximately a 28mm view, is there any
reason I can't just mount a rangefinder-coupled 28 or 24mm lens and just
focus as usual using the whole finder as my "frameline"?
Thanks Jeff Albertson

Getting married? Find great tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life
Events. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] M4 viewfinder question)
Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] M4 viewfinder question)
Reply from n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M4 viewfinder question)