Subject: [Leica] frameline preview lever on M4
From: jeffalber at hotmail.com (Jeff Albertson)
Date: Sun May 30 21:38:45 2004

Hello

I'm a longtime Nikon SLR user who recently bought my first Leica. It's a
nice clean M4 with a strange problem. The frameline preview lever worked
intermittently, only showing changes in the framelines after the lever was
flicked on and off a few times.

Seller stood behind the camera and offered repairs. I just got it back and
now the problem is worse; with no lens on the camera the viewfinder always
shows 35 and 135 framelines- moving the lever brings up only the left and
bottom lines of the 50mm frame in addition to the 35 and 135.

Any thoughts as to what's going on here? I have lenses on the way, but none
to mount now. Will mounting a lens change anything in this strange equation?

Thanks
Jeff Albertson
jeffalber@hotmail.com

Premium! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/