Subject: [Leica] Bull
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed May 26 05:25:51 2004

First off, Tim, I don't believe that HCB called it the ultimate decisive
moment. Second off, it was never called any form of journalism - it's
simply a photo, so there's no question about how it was taken. Third,
HCB was an artist whose Leica was his brush - he painted a picture using
light and shadow, form and contrast, that features a man jumping over a
puddle. Take it or leave it. AND, in terms of decisive moment - the
decisive moment was that when he saw the puddle, saw that people would
try to cross it, and a little light blub when on in his head.....

B. D.