Subject: [Leica] Seeking suggestions for greater color negative latitude
From: eleitzwetzlar at cswebmail.com (eleitzwetzlar@cswebmail.com)
Date: Sat May 22 10:43:35 2004

I photograph black Giant Schnauzer dogs and have arrived at the following
procedure for best results so far:

Film: Kodak Royal Gold 200
Light: Natural sunlight at 8-9 A.M. (low angle; air still cool)
Equipment: 90 Apo Asph on M3 and 100 Macro Apo on SL-2, on tripods
Exposure: Measuring incident light with Gossen Luna Pro SBC @ ASA 100 (not 200)
Printing: Kodak 5x7" "Perfect Touch" (scanned on "Perfect Touch" paper)

The results are quite nice and a fantastic bargain @ just 30 cents per print in 2
days. The detail and gradation of tones in the blacks are beautiful.

My limiting factor on close scrutiny is the slight loss of gradation in highlights
in white teeth or chrome collars. How do I change my technique to bring down the
brightest areas? What better films for this purpose exist?

Thanks, Harry

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!
 250 FREE hours! Sign-on Now!