Subject: [Leica] Seeking suggestions for greater color negative latitude
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat May 22 21:29:45 2004

Harry,
I would agree with Mark's suggestion to move to a lower contrast
emulsion such as the Fuji line in NPS, NHG or the Kodak Portra line at
160 or 400.

What you will find is that the blacks will maintain detail without
blowing out the whites.  You know black tuxes and white dresses or black
shiny coats and white shiny teeth.  You may not have to pull the film as
holding the ends of the curve is what these films are about.  Tests
would be in order before shooting paying work.

As to the prints, if you have the film scanned to CD, many locations
offer kiosks that let you control density and contrast so you can still
get a good price and the detail you want.  Both Kodak and Fuji offer
kiosks that send the image to a digital printer.  Usually you can get
your finished prints in about an hour.  The key is to adjust the image
to provide the image that your clients expect.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com