Subject: [Leica] Scanning silver halide films - which one scans best? - OT
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Tue May 18 06:44:02 2004

Wade,

At the risk of being called Chicken Little, I've decided to use distilled
water for mixing chemicals (especially developer) simply to eliminate one
variable. One minor peccadillo I have is that I use chilled spring water to
bring the temperature down to 20F. That might be a bad idea, but I'm not sure.

My test roll of Delta 400 and developed in Ilfotec DD-X scanned very
well!!!!  I am inclined to stop looking for a different film and developer.
I'll reassess after shooting 10 rolls of the Delta 400 and a few of Delta
100 and TMax.

I tried some t-grain film in XTOL last year, and found the results to be
mediocre. Try Ilfotec DD-X. It is a liquid concentrate and will keep well
if you put it in smaller air-free bottles.

Jeffery