Subject: [Leica] Scanning silver halide films - which one scans best? - OT
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Tue May 18 05:19:25 2004

It seems that not all scanners are born equal. I can perform the exact
same procedures using the same scanner with different films and one film
does very well while another scans very poorly. The Nikon Coolscan III
doesn't seem to like older fast films. The highlights block up unless
the film is underexposed, and then the mid-tones are grainville. Since
Nikon doesn't volunteer this information in their literature (I'm being
sarcastic...it came with no literature or instructions other than a card
telling you how to set it up hardware-wise), it is a game of hit and
miss.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA