Subject: [Leica] Scanning silver halide films - which one scans best? - OT
From: lists at heninger.org (Wade Heninger)
Date: Tue May 18 06:30:33 2004

I've had a hell of a time with Tri-X and scanning over the past month.
There are several variables that feed into this:

1. I got a new scanner recently (Scan Dual IV) and get all manner of
sootiness in my scans.  It takes a hell of a lot of PS work to get them
looking half decent.

2. New Tri-x.  Hadn't considered this until someone just mentioned it.

3. Finally, I'm also in a new house, and the water supply is very different
here.

Lots of variables.  But its been quite a frustrating 30+ rolls I can tell
you for sure.

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Scanning silver halide films - which one scans best? - OT)