Subject: [Leica] Ten years behind? I think not.
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Wed May 5 11:29:05 2004

Outside of Autofocus, the R8/9 are pretty much up to date with the
exception of Flash capability.  In that area Nikon pretty much has it sewn
up.  the only other thing Leica does not have is built in motor/winders,
but I do not see that as being dated as I prefer having the choice of motor
or not.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>        |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           05/05/2004 12:14 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                         |
  |       To:       "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>                             |
  |       cc:                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Leica] Ten years behind?  I think not.                             |

BUT...And I am NOT looking for a fight with the R crowd...by modern SLR
standards, those same R8s with what you say is great metering and that
great Leica glass, are definitely at least a decade behind the curve in
terms of features. R8 aficionados may not want those features, but they
are a given in the rest of the photo world, and that - and pricing -
severely limits the R market.

BTW - to what Nikon are you comparing the R8's metering?

B. D.