Subject: [Leica] Re: starbucks
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Apr 18 14:43:05 2004

At 02:37 PM 4/18/04 -0500, Matthew Powell wrote:
>On Apr 18, 2004, at 11:38 AM, allan yates wrote:
>> Apparently in the minds of these people, financial success = evil.
>
>Corporations profiting at the expense of local small businesses,
>exploiting their employees and suppliers as far as they can? Evil's a
>bit strong, but I'm certainly opposed

It is a simple matter of capitalism.  Choose where you buy.  I purchase
almost all of my books through a local bookstore;  I know the owners and am
happy with their service.  I thus avoid the large stores and AMAZON.COM and
the like.

Similarly, I do not populate high-end coffee shops (primarily as they do
not allow smoking) but I do purchase high-end coffee for my office.

I am not tempted by Starbucks, as there are no such stores locally.  But
there are outlets such as Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million locally, and,
thus, I buy at Rams Head, my local store of choice.

Folks, vote with your feet.  If we all did so, the international retailers
would evaporate.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from Gary at Marklund.com (Gary Marklund) ([Leica] Re: starbucks)
Reply from mlpowell at sbcglobal.net (Matthew Powell) ([Leica] Re: starbucks)
Message from mlpowell at sbcglobal.net (Matthew Powell) ([Leica] Re: starbucks)