Subject: [Leica] Re: starbucks
From: jmclainaz at comcast.net (Jack McLain - Contract Research Oversight)
Date: Sun Apr 18 10:11:10 2004

I suspect that service and attitude of the staff at Starbucks locations
varies widely.  I often frequent a Starbucks here in Tucson, and while the
coffee is nothing to write home about, the staff is very friendly and
efficient.  It is a pleasure to do business there.  In comparison, there is
an independent coffee shop locally, that I have stopped visiting because the
atmosphere and staff (and the patchouli reeking clientele) are so over the
top precious and pretentious.

While Starbucks (n general) is no way the end all of high-grade coffee
shops, I believe that they have inadvertently raised coffee consciousness in
the US and (speaking as a unrepentant coffee addict) this is a good thing.

cheers
Jack

Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ
http://jackmclain-photography.dotcommunity.net

My experience has been that Starbuck's service is indifferent and impersonal
at best and downright condescending or rude at worst. This, I believe, is
typical of businesses where the personnel is either untrained or poorly
trained.
Starbuck is a trendy hangout where the trendy are more welcome than the
average.
I patronize businesses where I am treated like a human being, not a walking
wallet.

Joe