Subject: [Leica] Re: starbucks
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (Joseph Codispoti)
Date: Sun Apr 18 08:30:34 2004

i've seen the world business haters going after starbuck, never been sure
why.

Years ago there was a bookstore here that had installed a fireplace and kept
the fire stoked all day. All the trendy people flocked there. They propped
their feet onto the fireplace ledge and read books (without buying them). A
friend told me that I should visit the store regularly. "Why"? I said; I
don't need a book at the moment. "But they have a FIREPLACE" retorted my
friend. I understood then that to some, buying books was not necessarily the
primary reasons for visiting the store.

My experience has been that Starbuck's service is indifferent and impersonal
at best and downright condescending or rude at worst. This, I believe, is
typical of businesses where the personnel is either untrained or poorly
trained.
Starbuck is a trendy hangout where the trendy are more welcome than the
average.
I patronize businesses where I am treated like a human being, not a walking
wallet.

Joe

Replies: Reply from jmclainaz at comcast.net (Jack McLain - Contract Research Oversight) ([Leica] Re: starbucks)
Reply from jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon) ([Leica] Re: starbucks)