Subject: [Leica] Pt Three of Digilux 2 posted
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Apr 11 10:17:31 2004

That is so Karen, I have a G2 which I like a lot but the viewfinder is
not a patch on the M type IMHO. The G2 has a crude moving corner to
black out a side of the 'finder for parallax correction. Zoom
framelines would require a conceptual redesign of the viewfinder, very
expensive maybe not even feasible. I imagine an EVF makes an expensive
mechanical linkage between finder and both zoom and focusing controls
unnecessary. Anyway I like the camera despite the viewfinder. The lack
of a large enough buffer for big files seems a bit cheapskate though.
Using a fast Ultra II card mine takes about 4 seconds to write a RAW
file and my camera can manage 3 shots in a burst before it has to stop
to write to the card. I do not use the burst mode so this is no problem
but the RAW time is - it seems like much more than 4 seconds!
cheers
Frank