Subject: [Leica] Pt Three of Digilux 2 posted
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Apr 8 22:42:32 2004

There's a fascinating alternative view of the Dlux 2 posted on Luminous
Landscape at:

<http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/digilux2-2nd.shtml>

Ben Lifson's essay is criticsm as opposed to a simple review, the difference
between Pauline Kael and Siskel and Ebbert. I learned something that I sort of
knew but which, by reading it, brought my own responses about the M into much
sharper focus.

It's definately worth reading and perhaps as a stepping of point for debating.

I do know one thing - I find I can't do portraiture with my R8 any more, it's
all M. Now I think I understand why and what a digital M would mean and have to
deliver.

And I still want a monochrome version. (Sorry, B.D.)

Adam

Replies: Reply from n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Pt Three of Digilux 2 posted)