Subject: [Leica] a new one
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Apr 10 17:54:39 2004

At 07:12 PM 4/6/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>Face it - people who smoke are drug addicts. And unless you favor the
>legalization of all currently illegal narcotic substances, you're being
>a hypocrite to whine about smoker's rights and the 'persecution' of
>smokers.
>
>B. D.

I'm back after a week in Kentucky.  There seem to be more die-hard smokers
in Kentucky (where lots of tobacco is grown) than even in North Carolina
(where all of the tobacco companies are based).  We stopped at one antique
store that had a prominent sign outside "Smokers Welcome!"  I knew I
shouldn't have gone in, but my husband was looking for antique light
fixtures.  As soon as we walked in my sinuses plugged up and I got a
headache.  There is no way I would have bought anything in that
store.  There were several books I would have been interested in, but they
were infused with the smell of stale smoke.  There is no way to get that
smell out of books.  Smokers have the freedom to smoke in their own homes
and stores and I have the right to refuse to buy anything they are selling.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] a new one)